Our Community Information Bulletin is a great way to get in front of over 2,200 professionals in Ottawa’s not-for-profit, government and social services sectors. It also reaches members of the public. This service is completely free for community organizations. We publish the bulletin to raise awareness about local news, events and services that can help people in our community.
How to submit your news
Please follow the instructions below. If you prefer, you can also email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Submit your post in PDF or Microsoft Word format, or provide a URL that links to your document.
- Your document should include a contact name, title, organization name, telephone number and email address.
- Format your post so it’s easy for readers to understand. We recommend a maximum of 400 characters. Your post will appear as we receive it. We’re unable to format any content.
- If you’re submitting a post on behalf of another organization, provide us with their name when you submit your news.
- Although not required, we encourage you to send us your post in English and French. We’re unable to provide translation services.
We must receive your post by Friday at 12 pm ET to publish it on the following Wednesday.
Our posting policy
- Posts in our bulletin or on our website do not imply an endorsement from us.
- We reserve the right to exclude posts.
- All content must be relevant to the local Ottawa community.
- Posts will appear for 30 days or until the event date has passed. You can also request that we remove your post at any time.
- The bulletin is not updated on statutory holidays.
We will not accept posts that promote:
- Partisan and political content
- Goods or merchandise
- Religious messages
- Hate, discrimination or slander towards a group or person
The Community Information Bulletin is available for free to not-for-profits who serve the city of Ottawa. Services offered in your post must be free, subsidized or available to the community for a small fee. If your content doesn’t meet these criteria, fees may apply.
Are you a for-profit organization? We may be able to publish your content for a fee. Please contact us at 613-683-5400 x 5514 to learn more.